Medical Malpractice

Recent studies indicate that medical malpractice is far more widespread than we may think. When we look to medical professionals for care, the last thing we expect would be additional injury or substandard treatment. Medical malpractice occurs when a health care professional does not utilize a reasonable standard of care. If it can be proven that a patient was injured due to improper actions or negligent inaction, the care provider can be held liable for medical malpractice.

Hatcher Law Offices represents the individual in suits against hospitals and other health care facilities, and against doctors, dentists, and other health care professionals whose negligence has resulted in injury to the patient, or to the patient’s family or survivors.

Many Forms of Medical Malpractice

Some of the types of cases that Hatcher Law Office may be able to help with include:

  • Doctor misdiagnosis of a disease or injury
  • Failure to diagnose an injury or disease
  • Surgical mistakes, such as operating on the wrong body part, botched surgery, or leaving surgical instruments in the body
  • Obstetrician failure to recognize potential birth complications or monitor fetal distress
  • Nursing home caregiver negligence or abuse to elderly or disabled residents
  • Pharmacists who incorrectly dispense or label medication

All of these forms of medical malpractice can have tragic consequences for the patient involved. If you or a loved one has been injured severely due to the action or inaction of a medical professional, you may be entitled to seek compensation for:

  • Medical expenses
  • Pain and suffering
  • Mental anguish
  • Physical impairment
  • Disfigurement
  • Lost wages
  • Loss of earning capacity

Punitive damages may also be assessed if it is shown the defendant displayed wanton misconduct.

It is best to retain medical malpractice lawyers with the expertise and resources to pursue your case until it is resolved. If you believe that you or someone you love has been the victim of medical malpractice, please contact Hatcher Law Offices.